Posted by bordalix Thu, 30 Apr 2009 13:13:00 GMT
Posted by bordalix Thu, 09 Apr 2009 15:46:00 GMT
It's not me, but Microsoft itself who's saying it on his "Europe Logs On" study, released yesterday. In 18 months, people will spend more time browsing the web than watching TV. Other key findings of the study are:
- Europeans spent on average 1.5 days a month on the Internet in 2008, and by 2010 will spend 2.5, which represents a 66% growth
- Internet use on PCs will drop from 95% today to only 50% over the next 5 years due to increase usage of IPTV, games consoles and mobile phones accessing the web
- Online video is the most popular online entertainment application
- Content and communications services represents 65% of all time spent online, and commerce represents 33%
- Being one of the European countries with lower penetration, Portugal has today more than 4 million people using the Internet
This and much more is available in the study.
Posted by bordalix Wed, 08 Apr 2009 15:29:00 GMT
Just found BumpTop, a nice looking 3D desktop, like a real desk, but better. Still not sure if it's good for me, but I always like to see innovative products. Well, actually it's not for me, currently it runs only on the Windows platform, and since I'm a Mac user, I will have to wait to give it a try. But, hey, there are still very good people out there using Windows. Here is the demo video:
RSS readers should click here to watch the video.
Posted by bordalix Wed, 01 Apr 2009 08:14:00 GMT
It's that time of the year again. It's 9 A.M. GMT and I already found some nice stories around. Here's what I've found so far:
What else do you see out there?
Update: via comments, other pranks out there: