16 years and 2 months ago · listen stop
While heading for a weekend of rest and relax, some news that hit my RSS reader:
- The Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE) is a bit like YouTube for science. Researchers submit videos showing how they perform a particular procedure, like an anxiety test for mice or dissecting a fruit fly's ovaries. Very little beyond a short title and description accompanies each video, although more detailed information can presumably be attached.
- Ban on MP3 transmitters is lifted. Ofcom is legalising the use of FM transmitters that allow iPods and other MP3 players to play through car radios.
- Nintendo to launch mp3 player. Owners of it's Nintendo DS will soon be able to enjoy more than just games from their handheld console with the launch of the Nintendo MP3 Player.
- US cell phone users get new rights. Cell phone owners will be allowed to break software locks on their handsets in order to use them with competing carriers under new copyright rules announced Wednesday.
- The folding laptop. Or the new Fujitsu Origami style UMPC, in film: